I am bit obsessed with the ‘New’ section on the Sephora website, so I am often on it looking to see what I might want to try out. I am not sure when they launched their new lip favourites collection, but of course I found it the day after the VIB sale was over. Sale or not, I knew I wanted to pick up this collection. I purchased their lip box by the same name a while back and absolutely loved it, so I knew I wanted this one too.
So I thought I would do quick first impressions on this box.
So the box retails for $33.00 (CAD) & it does say that it’s limited edition. It is a set of 6 neutrals with one full size and five deluxe sample size.
From top to bottom:
Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy (Spice Girl) 0.03 oz/ 1 g
Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer ( Shimmer Finish- 312 Sugar, Sugar) – 0.06 oz/ 1.7 mL
Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss (Kristen) – 0.07 oz/ 2 g
Nars Velvet Lip Glide (Bound) 0.06 oz/ 2 mL
Urban Decay Liquid Lipstick (Trivial) 0.17 oz/ 5.3 mL (Full Size)
Tarte Lippie Lingerie Matte Lip Tint (Revealed) 0.06 oz/ 1.75 g
Lets start with the full sized product in the box: Urban Decay Liquid Lipstick- Trivial (Matte Pink Nude)
- It has beautiful packaging (although it does show fingerprints) and when you twist the top on it has a satisfying click that makes you know it is closed
- It has a stiff curved wand that makes it easy to apply. The sponge applicator is flat to make it easy to apply, but also has a point to make it easy to line lips.
- Goes on very smooth and is easy to work with– I can go over top of this product without it removing what has already been put on
- It has a quick dry down time and once it is dried down it doesn’t transfer
- Although it is scented it is not over bearing
- This may be a pro to some but although it is considered matte is has so much sparkle in it. It is a very shimmery sparkle and is unfortunately not super flattering on me.
- Because it is both matte but has the shimmer, it shows every single line in my lips.
Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi Shine Lip Lacquer Lip Gloss- In Shimmer Finish 312 Sugar Sugar (Champagne Gold Shimmer)
- I like the packaging & how when you open the the tube it has that pop out applicator
- It is very pigmented. My lips are pretty naturally dark and this gloss covers my natural colour well
- I like the smell (vanilla cupcake/mint)
- It has a nice reflective shimmer that is very flattering
- It’s applicator has a slight bend which makes it glide across my lips easily
- The smell could be a con for those who don’t like it
- It is a bit sticky but not to the point where it is annoying
- It is a very thick lip gloss that reminds me more of a liquid lipstick
- Because it is thick and has a flat, sponge-tip applicator it is very easy to line lips with and control application
- It has a vanilla cookie smell which I like
- It has a beautiful shine that is very forgiving of lip lines and flattering
- Very smooth and not sticky at all
- I think the colour is beautifully pigmented and covers well
- If you don’t like smell with lip products you may not like it, but I don’t find the fragrance lingers
- I am in love with this formula. It goes on so smooth
- It covers like a lipstick but glides on very smooth like a gloss
- It has a beautiful semi-matte finish but is not drying
- super comfortable on the lips
- The colour is beautiful
- It has a vanilla cupcake-ish smell
- I have worn it a couple times now and it stays on pretty well but also applies well over itself
- I have no cons. I love this
- Applies smoothly
- Not super matte and therefore really comfortable on the lips
- The colour builds up nicely with a second coat
- It has a nice mint smell
- Crayon style makes it a bit more tricky to apply, because the tip is thick, but I find the best method is line the inside of lips with the tip, then use the side to fill in.
- Goes on smoothly
- Looks nice and shiny on the lips
- I couldn’t wear it long enough to find any other pros because it hurts so much. I had watched a review on this product before receiving it and thought when the woman was saying how badly it hurt, ‘oh it can’t be that bad, I’ve used lip plumpers before’ umm I was wrong. It does hurt that much. I left it on for ten minutes thinking the feeling would stop but nope. It stings and burns. Which for me, who has sensitive lips really shouldn’t have left it on that long. I really don’t know how anyone can wear this. Also even after ten minutes I didn’t find this really plumped my lips.
I love this set. I think the price is definitely worth it. I love trying out different lip products so this gives me the ability to try out a bunch at a descent price. I also love changing up my lip colours, so mini sizes are perfect for me, I can’t think of the last time I used up a lip product, although I know that Nars one will be used up quickly 🙂 Also I love mini lip products because they are super easy to throw in your purse and don’t take up much space. I think these neutrals could look great on any skin tone. The only one I don’t see myself using is the Lip Injection gloss, so I would say this box was a win for me.